Friday 22 August 2014

Fossedyke Navigation ( Near Saxilby, Lincoln )

Fossedyke Navigation ( Near Saxilby, Lincoln )

I decided to have a go on the Fossedyke canal near Lincoln. Having not fished for over 16 years, I now had the fishing bug once again and I wanted to try all of the local waters, this being one of them on the Lincoln and District handbook.

I fished 3/4 of the way across the canal, just inside the main channel at a depth of around 6.5/7 feet. I fished a waggler float on 4Ib main line down to 2Ib bottom. I alternated between double maggot and small pieces of bread on a size 16 hook.
My swim on the canal
A few weed beds were growing along the shallow channel edge and so I decided to drop the waggler just short of them, fishing against the slightly deeper shelf.
A kingfisher was diving from a dead tree, but I didnt manage to capture his frequent dives!!
Looking to my left towards Lincoln
Mixed bag of Roach, Perch and Skimmer Bream
After a slow start, the bites then came thick and fast and I finished with a nice 8 or 9 Ib bag of Roach, Perch and Skimmer Bream.

A nice introduction to getting back onto the canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment