Saturday 30 August 2014

The Blue Lagoon (L&DAA water)

The Blue Lagoon (L&DAA water)

So it was back to the Blue Lagoon in Lincoln once again. The whole lake was covered in surface weed and although the Lincoln and District website kept stating that the weed was going to be cleared, there was no evidence that any work had taken place.

So I decided to fish at Peg 2, one of the only spots where you could pole fish. This spot is the deepest in the lake at around 5.5 to 6 feet. I fished double maggot on the bottom next to a large lily pad.

A 2.5 Ib Bream and a selection of small perch, roach and rudd

2.5 Ib Bream and scraps
After battling a plague of small roach, perch and rudd, I managed to connect with a nice Bream.
I decided to get some more ground bait on the bottom to try to hold any shoal that may be there, but I had no further Bream.

On most lakes and rivers, if you get one Bream you know that theres a chance of hitting more of them. Here at the Blue Lagoon the bream seem to be more solitary, not going round as a shoal.

Well at least I caught, hoping for better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment