Tuesday 2 September 2014

The Blue Lagoon (L&DAA water)

My third fishing outing of the year......The Blue Lagoon (Skellingthorpe, Lincoln)


The view from Peg 2 at The Blue Lagoon (Looking left)
The view from Peg 2 at the Blue Lagoon (Looking right)
I have only fished at the Blue Lagoon once before and so I was looking forward to taking on a relatively new venue......until I arrived, and saw how much weed coverage there was across the whole of the small lake.
Only a handful of the pegs were fishable, and even then you would be confined to a very small area.

I decided to have a bash on my 11 metre pole, fishing at peg 2, the deepest part of the lake at a depth of around 5.5 feet. I offered double maggot on a size 18 hook, 3Ib hook length and 4Ib main line.

After catching a few roach, rudd and perch I managed to tempt a small tench......

3Ib tench.....first tench of the year
I ended up with a total of around 6Ib.....not too bad, at least the bites were regular and I was kept busy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment